Translate

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Ecuador living The real Cost of Living!

The Cost of Living here in Ecuador
OK, first thing first, you will see on many websites that foreign people like myself claim they just survive on 1000 dollars a month here. What a load of rubbish! 
You will live like King Tut and Queen Anne. I swear it is very, very cheap here to live. For example, my electric bill is in the region of 25 dollars per month, gas is 1.70 for a bottle that lasts a month and a half, my water is 15 per month, so I also pay 25 for the upkeep of my garden rubbish collected by guard at the gate, etc., and 25 for the internet, so bills are 91-92 dollars a month! Petrol is great compared to back home. 10 dollars will last me about 10 days if I am tootling around town most days. I also spend 20 dollars per week at the market buying fresh fruit, vegetables, corn, meat, fish,chicken, etc. If I need anything else, I will go to the shop nearby. So what's that so far 210ish? That's not bad, is it? I understand if you have to pay rent or a mortgage, this adds to the budget. For example, you can get some soup, a main course, and a cola for under 3 dollars. 70 cents for a bottle of beer, 70 cents. I'm not going to rant on about how much this is how much that is, but if you have a money retirement business etc and you make 400 dollars or more, then you are laughing. 
Quito is slightly expensive, but the power seems to be less up there, and the water is good to drink from the tap also. At the end of the day, it all depends on what you are used to. If you want to live the high life, then do it, but if you want a comfortable life, then eat Ecuadorian food and try to be an Ecuadorian. There are so many rewards. I should mention that most Ecuadorians make less than $250 per month and seem to make ends meet. Your pension will contribute significantly to the funds you already have! 
Please ask any questions you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment